Former UFC Star Mark Hunt Claims Victory in Dana White Lawsuit as New Criminal Case Begins
Mark Hunt is back in the headlines, but not for a knockout or a comeback fight. The former UFC heavyweight, 52, has shared an update that mixes old legal drama with a new and serious situation. At first glance, it sounds like a win over Dana White, but the reality is more complicated.
His long-running lawsuit against the UFC and Dana White has now reached its end, and not in his favor. At the same time, Hunt is dealing with a fresh criminal case in Australia that has grabbed attention for all the wrong reasons. “We nearly there, OMG,” the Kiwi boxer said in a light Instagram video. “If you know, you know,” Hunt chimed.
Here’s all we know so far:
The Truth About the Dana White Lawsuit

Kiwi Herald / IG / Mark Hunt filed his lawsuit back in 2017, and it quickly became one of the most talked-about legal fights in MMA history.
He claimed the UFC allowed Brock Lesnar to compete at UFC 200 while using banned substances, which he believed put him at risk and cost him money.
The case moved through the courts for years, with moments that gave Hunt hope. There was even a point when it looked like he might get another chance after an appeal. Still, the final outcome did not go his way, as the court ruled that he failed to show clear damages tied to the claims.
That ruling closed the door on the case, ending a legal battle that lasted nearly a decade. Despite Hunt’s public comments, there is no new lawsuit against Dana White happening right now. The courts have already made their final call on that issue.
The former Kiwi kickboxer has said that stress from that legal fight played a role in his recent situation. Even so, that chapter is now done, and the focus has shifted to something far more serious and immediate.
A New Criminal Case in Australia
In April 2026, Mark Hunt was arrested in New South Wales, Australia, after an incident involving a female family member. Police say the situation involved threatening behavior that caused fear and distress during a shared task.
He has been charged with one count of stalking or intimidation with intent to cause physical harm. Authorities also mentioned a past message that included a threat, though that message is not part of the formal charge.
Hunt was first denied bail, which signaled how seriously the situation was taken. Later, a judge granted him release under strict conditions that limit his movements and contact with the person involved. He must stay at his home in Cobbitty and cannot communicate with the complainant. These restrictions will remain in place while the case moves forward through the court system.
Hunt Breaks His Silence

The News / Soon after his release, Hunt posted a video online to address the situation directly. He admitted that there was a heated argument, but he strongly denied any physical violence.
He said that he did not hurt anyone and made it clear that he would not harm people close to him. Hunt pointed to his past as a professional fighter, saying he had no reason to bring that kind of behavior into his personal life.
Hunt also suggested that tension from legal stress played a role in the argument. While that does not excuse the situation, it adds context to what may have led to the confrontation.
The boxer’s legal team has indicated that he may plead guilty to the intimidation charge. That move could shape how the court handles the case and what penalties he might face.
Mark Hunt is scheduled to appear in court at Ballina Local Court on April 30, 2026. That hearing will likely set the tone for the next stage of the case and determine how quickly it moves forward.
If he does enter a guilty plea, the court may move toward sentencing rather than a full trial. That could bring a faster resolution, though the outcome will still depend on the judge’s view of the situation.